Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and Digi Stamp Boutique

You know me, I love to start my Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 posts with a picture and something to say! Today is Titanic Remembrance Day, a day dedicated to the memory of the Titanic, and over 1500 people who died. On this day in 1912, the Titanic sank in the icy waters of the north Atlantic Ocean. The Titanic was called "unsinkable" and the "safest ship afloat" by her builder and designer. However, on her maiden voyage from England to New York City, the cruise ship Titanic hit an iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean. This occurred on April 14, 1912 at 11:40p.m.  Two hours later, with a gaping gash in her side, the ship quickly sank in icy waters. 1522 passengers and crew died.

That's your history lesson for today! Don't worry, there won't be a quiz at the end of this post. Be sure to stick around though for another fabulous sketch and design team inspiration.

But first, let's find out who our winner of a $12 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies is...

#9  Katie!!!

Congratulations!!! Be sure to email Sally at- sallydubessw@gmail.com to claim your prize. Don't forget to grab the winner badge and display is proudly on your blog.

Now for those who made Top Three...
#2  Jac
#15  Marianne
#19  Melanie R.


Congratulations to you as well!! There's also a Top Three badge for you to display as well!

Now on to this week's sketch...

And our sponsor this week is the one and only Digi Stamp Boutique.

 

"All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock.  My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too, often the inspiration for my designs.  Hope you enjoy my images as much as I enjoy creating them."

Prize:   £10 voucher


Now let's see what the Design Team has created!!








We hope these samples inspire you to create and join in our challenge this week. The rules for playing along can be found by clicking the CHALLENGE RULES tab at the top of the page.

Just remember to comment on this post to be eligible to win.  Also...  check us out on Facebook, we feature a few cards from our challenge participants each week and preview the new sketch every Tuesday.


Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

Linda






20 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing me as one of the top 3 amd thanks for another great sketch and sponsor plus some fab DT cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for picking me as a top 3, I'm thrilled, another great sketch this and gorgeous DT samples x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate being selected as one of the "Top Three" for Sketch #50. The sponsor, A Day for Daisies, provided me with assistance and was totally customer focused when doing so. Looking forward to #51!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone and congratulations to our winner and to our top 3 cards awesome work ladies I really loved your cards. Thanks to Sally-Ann Hancock the owner of DigiStamp Boutique for being our sponsor this week we really appreciate your ongoing support over the years and loyalty to us here at SSW2. Thanks to Sally for another great sketch and to Linda for your awesome posting this week. Wishing everyone a great week and happy crafting.
    Hugs to everyone
    Kathie SSW2~DT
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you very much, that was awesome news for this morning :D:D:D Congratulation to all :))) and we have next great sketch, cool :) have a lovely crafty day :)

    ps. I will have small giveaway shortly, check my blog, you are all most welcome :)))

    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner and top 3! Great post Linda, the info on the Titanic is interesting. I saw yesterday on FB a post about the dogs( pets ) on the Titanic, I think it said that there were 3 Airedale Terriers, which is what my Guinness is. Just a silly little piece of useless info that I remember, LOL.
    Great sketch this week and Thank you Sally Ann for being our sponsor.
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design team cards and sketch, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I luv your Sweet Sketch Challenges, and the samples of the Design Teams interpretations and cards. I pretty much look at all the other challenge submissions because there is such a big variety of cards...beautiful, cute and masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful samples from the talented DT. Another great sketch from Sally. That was a wonderful history lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the sketch this week (as i do every week) .. wonderful dt cards girls!!! i have done a couple of cards again this week using your sketch ..thankyou for your inpsiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi
    great sketch
    greetings Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    Wauw, what a great sketch and so beautiful card from the DT. Well done ladies.
    Just upload my card aswell. See you next week.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the inspirations from the DT. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous DT samples and fabulous sketch, I do enjoy sketches and this weeks was no exception, really enjoyed playing along xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely dt-inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an impressive picture for a sad reminder about the Titanic.
    Thanks, DT members, for the lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great sketch and fab DT inspiration, so glad I got a chance to play along this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this sketch was so inspiring me that I made two cards with it :))) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete